Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international reporting. There is no entry fee. The deadline for entering work published in 2016 is February 1, 2017. The online entry system will open October 1, 2016.
- Print, broadcast and online work is eligible. Still photography is not eligible. Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify. Student media are not eligible.
- Journalists who are 34 years old or younger as of December 31, 2016, and whose work appears in United States-controlled print, broadcast or online media may enter.
- One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three related pieces either from a published series or an original piece and its follow-up developments; each sidebar counts as one piece.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Competition limited to work done during calendar year ending December 31, 2016.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
- The deadline for entering work published in 2016 is February 1, 2017.
- Entry for 2016 work will open October 1, 2016.
- Mail-in materials for broadcast and online video entries must be postmarked February 1, 2017.
- Competition is limited to work done during the calendar year ending December 31, 2016.
- Finalists will be notified by May 1, 2017. Announcement of winners will take place on June 8, 2017.
For questions about the entry process, email Melissa Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org