Why a Knight-Wallace Fellowship?
A Knight-Wallace Fellowship recognizes exceptional journalists for their work, leadership and potential with a unique opportunity: an academic year of study, developing new perspectives and networks, and achieving both professional and personal growth at the University of Michigan, one of the world’s finest universities.
For the small group of journalism professionals from the U.S. and abroad selected for a Knight-Wallace Fellowship, the result is a life-changing experience.
- Personalized study plans and access to U-M courses allow you to pursue your own path.
- Regular seminars and visiting speakers bring the best from journalism and academia to you.
- Workshops for fellows provide opportunities to advance your writing, entrepreneurial and multimedia knowledge and skills.
- International travel is a core component of the experience.
- Stipends allow our fellows (and their families/partners) to make the most of a once-in-a-lifetime sabbatical opportunity.