There is no entry fee. Cover letters are not required. The entry process is online. Before starting the online entry process, please read this page. It contains information on the entry form and upload requirements.
- To enter, you will register to create a login. You can save your information and return to the entry form at anytime before your final submission.
- If you are unable to apply online, please contact us.
- The Livingston Awards reserves the right to use any part or whole of any entry for publicity or educational purposes.
Step One: Entry Information
You will be asked to enter the title of the piece you are entering, the medium in which it appeared and the region of your entry. Select your region according to the city/state of the media organization that published/aired your entry. For example, if you live in California and your entry was published by a media organization based in Washington D.C., your region is Mid-Atlantic. To find your region, click here.
You will be asked to enter the contact information of the entrant, editor (print and online entries) or senior producer (broadcast, video and audio entries), and contest coordinator (if applicable).
If the entry has multiple bylines, all entrants must meet the age criteria.
Proof of Age
You will be asked to confirm that as of December 31, 2016, the entrant(s) is younger than 35 years of age. Finalists will be notified by April 1, 2017. At that time, a copy of a current U.S. driver’s license, birth certificate or passport identification page will be required.
Step Two: Upload and Submit
In this section, you will be asked to upload your entry work.
One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces from either a published series or an original piece and its follow-up developments. All pieces of the series must be published by the same media organization.
If you would like to change your entry upload after you have uploaded it, click the X icon in the field you would like to replace, and upload the new entry.
Print / Online Entries
To ensure the judges can read your entry online and a printout of your entry, follow these requirements:
- A PDF of the material is required. Each complete article should be uploaded as one PDF. Your PDF upload can be multiple pages.
- Label each PDF upload with the entrant’s last name and the article’s date of publication. Example for upload label: Smith 9-26-16.pdf
- Submit a PDF no larger than 8.5” x 11” with 10 point or larger type size. Do not upload PDFs in spread formats.
- The PDF can be a text version of the online story.
- If your PDF file is larger than 2 MB, upload a reduced file size.
- All clips must show the name of the media organization, story headline and date of publication.
- In addition to the required PDF upload, a working URL must be provided.
Broadcast / Video / Audio Entries
- Upload a transcript. Label the transcript with the entrant’s last name. Transcript must indicate total running time and airdate or online date.
- Include a working URL in the field provided.
- If your entry involves the work of others over the age of 34, please include their name(s) and age(s) in the Notes and Comments field along with a description of the work responsibilities for each team member. Team members under the age of 35 should be entered in the Entry Information under Step One.
Cover letters are not required and are not passed on to the judges. However there is a field available to upload cover letters for entrants choosing to submit one.
Click the Submit Entry box and then click Save to complete your entry.
To Review and Print Entry
You can review your entry status by clicking View/Edit Entry on the top navigation panel. Go to the Status column to see if your entry is complete. If your entry is not complete, click incomplete and a box will open with a list of remaining items. Link to these items to complete the entry form.
For Contest Coordinators
To submit entries for multiple candidates:
- Register and create a log-in.
- Complete Steps One and Two for your first candidate.
- Return to the Add Entry tab and repeat the online entry process.
For questions about the entry process, email Melissa Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org